YOUNG ADULT MENTOR DETAILS
- Opportunities for High School students and College Students to earn community service hours or be paid. Training provided.
- Opportunities include:
- Fall: Asst. Coach on U6 Saturdays, Referee In-house games on Saturdays or Sundays
- Winter: Asst. Coach on Sundays
- Spring: Assist Coach Travel Teams 2 weeknights and Saturdays
- Summer: Coach summer clinics with Mass Youth Soccer
- For more information, go to "Get In Touch" page and let us know how you can help
Programs & REGISTRATION
UPDATEs as of 1/15/18
South End Soccer offers varied levels of play from exposure to development to competitive. Please contact us with any further questions, or if you have interest in volunteering - go to "Get in Touch" page to contact us.
IN-HOUSE RECREATIONAL LEAGUE DETAILS:
- This is a coed, developmental league that is open to any interested players. All registered players placed on a team as space allows, waitlist as needed.
- PLAY: All fields located are Boston's South End and Roxbury neighborhoods
- AGES: Kindergarten - 8th Grade (5-13)
- SEASON: Fall only league, runs week after Labor Day to week before Thanksgiving, schedules vary for age groups with practices one day a week and games on Saturdays or Sundays. Schedules are released beginning of September.
- FEES: free, any donations appreciated, uniforms & all equipment supplied
- Opens online in August, In person assessment 1st Thu. and 1st Sat. in Sept.
WINTER CLINICS DETAILS for 2018 (Grades K-8 & High School):
- Online Registration Closed - email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if any spaces available.
- Clinic Dates: Jan. 14 - Apr. 1, 2018
- Grades K-2: Clinics on Sundays 11a-12p @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center, 120 MLK Blvd.
- Grade 3-8: Clinics on Sundays 12-1p @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center, 120 MLK Blvd.
- High School Girls: Clinics on Mondays 7-8:30p @ McKinley Gym, corner Warren & Darmouth St.
- High School Boys: Clinics on Fridays 5:45-7:15p @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center, 120 MLK Blvd.
- All players register with links above by age.
- Skill and team building indoors at facilities in Roxbury and South End
- Sessions are 2nd week of January through March on Sundays for Grades K-8, Mondays and Fridays for High Schoolers. Schedules are released beginning December.
- Fee: free, any donations appreciated
SPRING 2018 TRAVEL TEAM DETAILS (Grades 3-8 & High School):
- Boys Teams: Grade 3/4 (u10), Grades 5/6 (u12), Grades 7/8 (u14)
- Online Registration Closed, If you missed placement meeting on Jan. 7th, email email@example.com to confirm if any spaces available on rosters.
- Girls Teams: Grade 3/4 (u10), Grades 5/6 (u12), Grades 7/8 (u14)
- We have space on rosters for Girls Grades 5/6 (u12) & Grades 7/8 (u14) - email firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment times and locations.
- Online Registration Closed, If you missed placement meeting on Jan. 7th, email email@example.com to confirm if any spaces available on other rosters.
- High School Girls:
- Online Registration Closed, If you missed placement meeting on Jan. 12th, email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if any spaces available on other rosters.
- High School Boys:
- Placements on Fri. Jan. 19th from 5-7pm at Melnea Mass Rec. Ctr. - All players MUST attend
- Register HERE online for Spring HS Boys Teams
TRAVEL TEAM DETAILS:
- Travel teams compete in BAYS league
- PLAY: Travel teams play in Fall & Spring, Sep - Nov and Apr - Jun (each season includes 10 weeks of play: 5 home and 5 away games on Sat./Sun. plus practice 2x week at home fields in SE/Roxbury)
- PLACEMENTS/TRYOUTS: All players that tryout may not be offered a place on a travel team - selection by skill, attitude and commitment ability
- AGES: Grades 3-12, ages 9-18 (Players must be at least 9 years old and in 3rd grade or higher to play on travel teams)
- FEES: no required fees, suggested donation amounts only, uniforms & all equipment supplied
- REGISTRATION / PLACEMENT TRYOUTS:
- Tryouts in May for following fall (additional placements in winter for spring play as needed)
SUMMER ENRICHMENT DETAILS:
- GOALS Clinics for Youth Camps and Programs
- Free 1-hour clinics offered as a program enrichment for local camps and summer programs
- Not open to the public
- GOALs is signature urban program run by Mass Youth Soccer trained coaches
- Clinics run for six weeks July - Aug.
- REGISTRATION: Directors for pre-approved programs register in February for following summer, if you would like more info., go to "Get In Touch" page
- Summer Clinics for South End Soccer Players