Fall Grassroots, In-house League
- Age groups and rosters currently full, if we have room, we will contact you.
- The youth sports and soccer requirements of Commonwealth, City & Mass Youth Soccer vary and we will abide by all requirements and protocols.
- Questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLE: 2019 In-House League (Grades K-8):
- This is a coed, developmental league that is open to any interested players. All registered players placed on a team as space allows, waitlist as needed. This program is for those new to soccer or not ready to play travel.
- PLAY: All fields located are Boston's South End and Roxbury neighborhoods
- AGES: Kindergarten - 6th Grade (5-13)
- SEASON: Fall only, start week after Labor Day and runs to week before Thanksgiving, schedules vary for age groups with practices one day a week and games on Saturdays or Sundays. Schedules are released beginning of September.
- FEES: free, uniforms & all equipment supplied; donations greatly appreciated
- REGISTRATION: Opens online in August, In person assessment 1st Thu. and 1st Sat. in Sept.
Note for Grassroots League in Spring
- We currently offer limited recreational play in spring. If space not available in SES for ages 3-12, contact our colleagues at Roxbury Youth Soccer: https://roxburyyouthsoccer.org
Summer Clinics & Enrichment Details:
- Summer Clinics with UCal Makenzie Breakaway Foundation
- AGES: 8-18 year-old girls and boys
- LOCATION: Windsor School field, Boston, MA
- REGISTRATION & COST: Discounted slots available to SES players, email: email@example.com
- Clinics for Youth Camps and Programs
- GOALs: FREE urban program run by Mass Youth Soccer in partnership with SE Soccer offering 1-hour soccer clinics as a program enrichment for local camps and summer programs
- DATES: TBA for 6 weeks in July to Aug.
- WHO CAN REGISTER: Not open to the public, only for camps/youth programs - Program Directors for pre-approved programs register in February for following summer. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Skill Building: Details emailed to SES players in Spring
High School Program Details (Grades 9-12) : "Success in play and in life"
- SES partners with Boston Scoresfor our high school age travel teams
- Teams compete in BAYS league and participate in Boston Scores programming off the field
- SEASONS: Fall - teams play in BAYS 7v7 league on Sundays (no required practice); Spring - teams include Div 1, Div 2 and Div 3 teams in BAYS league, practices 2x week and games on Sundays.
- PLAY AND OFF-FIELD REQUIREMENTS:
- Teams play in Fall & Spring, Sep - Nov and Apr - Jun; weekend games and practice 2x week at home fields in SE/Roxbury
- Participants required to participate in off-field events and trainings including college tours, academics, career counseling and community service through our partnership with Boston Scores
- WHO CAN PLAY: Boston high school students
- FEES: No required fees, uniforms & all equipment supplied.
- REGISTRATION / PLACEMENT TRYOUTS: Placements in Jan. and Aug. (players placed on u16, u18 or u19 team with waitlist as needed)
Fall/Spring Travel Teams:
- If you are interested in travel teams and want to see if any roster spots available, contact Dir. of Coaching, Phi Nguyen, email email@example.com
Travel Team Program Details (Grades 3-8):
- Girls & Boys travel teams compete in BAYS league
- SEASONS: Travel Teams play in Fall & Spring (Sep - Nov and Apr - Jun) with Saturday games and practice 2x week at home fields in SE/Roxbury
- AGES: 3rd - 8th Grade (9-14); Players must be in at least 3rd grade and 9 years old to play travel
- FEES: no required fees, uniforms & all equipment supplied; donations greatly appreciated
- PLACEMENT TRYOUTS:
- Fall tryouts in May, Spring placements in Jan.
- All players may not be offered a place on a travel teams, players are selected on skill, attitude and ability to commit to practices and games.
South End Soccer offers varied levels of play from exposure to development to competitive.
Winter Clinics (Grades K-8 & High School):
- Skill and team building indoors at facilities in Roxbury and South End
- Sessions begin are January through March, schedule to be finalized in December
- Grassroots Grades K-6: Sundays
- High School Travel Teams: Mondays & Fridays
- Travel Teams Grades 3-8: Varied
- Fee: free; donations greatly appreciated!
Winter Training SAMPLE schedules:
- Rec. Player Clinics @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center, 120 MLK Blvd
- Sundays 11:15am for Grades K-2nd & Sundays 12:30pm for Grades 3-8th
- Gr. 3-8 Travel teams weekly training
- To register, please contact Dir. of Coach, Phi Nguyen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School travel team weekly training
- To register, please contact, Ethan Goldman, email@example.com
Young Adult Mentor Details:
- Opportunities for High School students and College Students to earn community service hours or be paid. Training provided.
- Opportunities include:
- Fall: Asst. Coach on U6 Saturdays, Referee In-house games on Saturdays or Sundays
- Winter: Assistant Coach on Sundays
- Spring: Assistant Coach Travel Teams 2 weeknights and Saturdays
- Summer: Coach summer clinics with Mass Youth Soccer